Monday, September 20, 2010

The Last Days of Summer

Whew! I've been away from the blog for a little while - it's been a whirlwind around here. The first weeks of school have been an adjustment for all - a happy one (for all) too! This year I have 3 mornings a week without kids!

Here's a photo from the Kitsilano Farmers Market yesterday. We had a forecast of a 98% chance of rain.....ALL DAY, but magically the clouds parted, and even a little bit of sun poked through the clouds - we were so, so lucky!

I've had many requests for earrings over the past year, and every week I promise that "I'll get right on them"...and another week passes without the earrings. Finally I focused and made some earrings! The tags that they're on are stained with coffee and vanilla (they smelled really, really good!). Notice the broken plate necklaces? They're another pretty, re-purposed addition to the table.

Right now the local farms are bursting with beautiful fruit and veggies. Oh the apples!....and peaches, and potatoes, and squash, and corn.......

Here's a fall selection of cuff links.


These are made on glass tiles.

Remember all those button stacks? I turned most of them into hair pins, and some of the bigger stacks are being turned into brooches. These look GREAT in your hair!

Now I'm working on some custom orders, and some rings, and some other types of earrings. I rarely wear earrings myself....although I have enough piercings for many pairs! September's artdolls need to be started too! "Witch's Hats" here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails