Sunday, February 27, 2011

A 7th Birthday Party

It was my son's 7th birthday this weekend! 7......I just can't believe it! I remember when he was just 6 lbs...

He's a super sporty guy, and right now hockey is his game of choice, so we had a hockey party! Luckily we rented out an indoor gym, because here in Vancouver we had a surprising, overnight, late Winter dumping of snow.

Here's the (disappointing) cake that I made. It was supposed to be an ice rink, with white icing, and blue and red rink lines.....but I added vanilla to the icing, and turned the "white" icing beige. It looked like dirty pond ice! So I "saved" it by adding blue....but the only blue I had was this crazy intense food colouring (that I bought when I was in charge of making play-dough at my daughter's preschool). Oh well, it did have a Zamboni.....

Here he is playing some back alley hockey (before the snow hit).

His sister likes to get in on the action too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails