Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WOYWW? 152

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday week 152. I'm prepping for another upcoming craft show this weekend, so I've got tons of odds n' ends happening in my workspace this Wednesday! I've been drilling holes through scrabble tiles:
lol - who doesn't have a crown royal bag filled with scrabble tiles? I've become a scrabble tile expert! All it takes is a 1/2 second glance for me to tell you what generation the scrabble tile came from! I've been working with them for years now, and have learned a few things about them. When I first started making necklaces, I used to glue bails on top of them.....until I was at a fair, and the freaking tiles started falling to the table, while the bails and necklaces were still hanging on the stand. I think the problem was that I had them outdoors overnight in cold winter temperatures, then they were set up in a hot room, and the glue became brittle? I don't know, but I was SO EMBARRASED and horrified, I went out the next day and bought a huge drill press!
I also make lapel pins, cuff links, and earrings out of the tiles. Haven't done bracelets yet, although I get requests all the time!
Look at the messy conditions I work in!! Head on over to Julia Dunnit's blog: Stamping Ground to have a peek into other people's work spaces this Wednesday. Some people have lots of things scattered around like me, while others are so (enviously) neat and tidy with their spaces. It's fun to peek into other people's worlds! Have a great Wednesday everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Well I don't blame you about the drilling! I remember a similar thing with a glue stick and a Christmas card creation that I'd made. Admiring it on a mantel at my Mum's house, and the front dropped off. Argh. Immediate switch to tape! Fancy you developing such a knowledge..scrabble tiles, who knew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disaster! Sounds like you solved the problem though! Your mess is quite lovely, I might add...thanks for sharing #130

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an eclectic specialty knowledge you have there. I don't think it looks messy, just fabulously creative. x Amy #143

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm playing around with the dominoes and scrabble tiles myself...nice drill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a lesson learned with the scrabble tiles, so the drilling is a good idea. Your workspace doesn't look messy to me (and I like tidiness) - just being used - thanks for sharing - Hazel, WOYWW #10 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am late with my rounds, technically it is still Wednesday somewhere in the world I think! Great space, interesting drilling idea and Happy Woyww.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow....generations of scrabble tiles; who knew?? What a great blog you have - this is really the first time I'm systematically visiting fellow WOYWW'ers and the diversity is pretty dang cool. Last week I bought a pair of earrings from someone in Portland OR. I have a feeling I would love to see your work at a craft fair. Hope it's a good one!
    Sara #172

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks rather clean and tidy to me. Glad you solved the problem and loving your drill set up - makes me want to put holes into things just so I have a reason to have one!
    Carolyn #115

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Luck with the show. I love all those scrabble tiles. Have a lovely day. Hugs from Scotland. Rita 68

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are having heaps of fun drilling them tiles, keep up the good work.

    Eliza #19

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to come play at your house.

    :)trisha
    #181

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails